
Kalab Frank Knaus
May 20, 2008
6lbs 14 oz
22 inches
This is a story I will never forget and never thought that would happen....... the story of Kalab's birth something other then the orginal water broke, go to the hospital have the baby, get some popcorn sit back and enjoy.....
On Wednesday, I woke up with some pains not thinking much of it since I had been having some pains on and off all week. After getting Maddie to school I told my mom that we should go to the hospital just to be on the safe side. I got admitted and all that jazz, we sat there for 2 hrs to see if thepains ( which later would be contractions) would get any stronger, of course they didn't until the nurse told me that all my pains were bractions hicks contractions and to come back if the contractions got stronger ( as the nurse said the kind that makes you double over in pain and takes your breath away) and where about 5 mins apart for longer then a hour.( I gave her the WTF look but she never caught it lol) Once we walked about the the hospital the contractions got stronger but I figured it wasn't labor yet. We came home and the contractions got stronger so I took a bath ( hey thats what the nurse told me to try so hell why not) The contractions got even stronger. I told my mom we had to go we got maddie to Heathers and back to the hospital. Well the entire way to the hospital I am using every swear word know to man and I don't doubt made up a few of my own. My sweet mom just laughed at me ( to keep from freaking out like I was) I even told my mom to pull over a few times so I could pee but she never did, good thing too. We got to the ER and she asked me if I needed a wheelchair but the car didn't even stop and I was out and hurrying in screaming I was in labor, the ER nurses looked at me in shock , you would think they would have dealt with a woman in labor before.They got me on a bed and a ER doctor checked me to see if I was in labor, yup I know what you are thinking well no shit she is in labor. They wheeled me up to Labor and delivery triage room, at that point I had to push ( i had been asking to push since i got to the ER.) The doctor had just got off call and the next doctor which was my doctor was paged. They decided to wheel me over to a labor room. Within 5 mins of being in there Kalab was born all NATURAL! now for all that decided that all natural is the way to go more props to you. It was something I never thought I would do but Kalab decided different for me. I became the talk of the Maternity floor, all the nurses asked me about his birth. :)
On Wednesday, I woke up with some pains not thinking much of it since I had been having some pains on and off all week. After getting Maddie to school I told my mom that we should go to the hospital just to be on the safe side. I got admitted and all that jazz, we sat there for 2 hrs to see if thepains ( which later would be contractions) would get any stronger, of course they didn't until the nurse told me that all my pains were bractions hicks contractions and to come back if the contractions got stronger ( as the nurse said the kind that makes you double over in pain and takes your breath away) and where about 5 mins apart for longer then a hour.( I gave her the WTF look but she never caught it lol) Once we walked about the the hospital the contractions got stronger but I figured it wasn't labor yet. We came home and the contractions got stronger so I took a bath ( hey thats what the nurse told me to try so hell why not) The contractions got even stronger. I told my mom we had to go we got maddie to Heathers and back to the hospital. Well the entire way to the hospital I am using every swear word know to man and I don't doubt made up a few of my own. My sweet mom just laughed at me ( to keep from freaking out like I was) I even told my mom to pull over a few times so I could pee but she never did, good thing too. We got to the ER and she asked me if I needed a wheelchair but the car didn't even stop and I was out and hurrying in screaming I was in labor, the ER nurses looked at me in shock , you would think they would have dealt with a woman in labor before.They got me on a bed and a ER doctor checked me to see if I was in labor, yup I know what you are thinking well no shit she is in labor. They wheeled me up to Labor and delivery triage room, at that point I had to push ( i had been asking to push since i got to the ER.) The doctor had just got off call and the next doctor which was my doctor was paged. They decided to wheel me over to a labor room. Within 5 mins of being in there Kalab was born all NATURAL! now for all that decided that all natural is the way to go more props to you. It was something I never thought I would do but Kalab decided different for me. I became the talk of the Maternity floor, all the nurses asked me about his birth. :)
Maddie loves being a big sister! She wants to hold him all the time and is so helpful

4 comments:
OMG! wow that doesn't sound like a super lot of fun... but glad he's here anywho!
congrats neighbor!
Holy crap! I am glad you made it to the hospital in time. You should be proud of yourself though, most people never get to experience the "joy" of natural birth *laugh*. It isn't what it's cracked up to be is it? I did one out of my three natural and I would never do it again!
Congrats!! He is adorable!!!
wow glad you didnt have him in the car lol. he's beautiful!
Post a Comment