
The day we all have been waiting for ( ok I know Maddie and I have been waiting for it.) The first day of school for Maddie. I wanted to make sure I was up around 630 so that everything was ready but between the alarm clock and the dog I was up long before.
Maddie was up around the time cody was getting ready to leave for work so she made sure to let daddy know that she was going to school today, then she proceeded to everyone in the house which at the time was me and the dog, knew that it was the day for school. We got ready and walked to school, its not too far from the house so I figured it walk would do me some good and I knew she wouldn't have a problem with it. Of course it had rained all weekend so Maddie decided on the walk she would find all the puddle she could to jump in not matter if mom told her to stop or not. Once we made it in the school building she darted off to her classroom ripped her back pack and coat off and headed right to the toys. Her teacher came over and spoke with me about the class and all the fun school stuff she would be doing. I got ready to leave and told Maddie I was going and she could have cared less she was dancing. I finally got her to come over and give me a hug a half sided "ok mom you can leave now" hug and she was back to dancing.
I got to go out with some other moms for coffee while maddie was in school which was nice, it seemed so strange not to have her with me, but I could get use to it :)
A few hours later I went to pick her up from school....... He teacher let me know that while playing outside maddie found the slide with the puddle at the bottom and decided that was the slide she wanted so she slid down it and right into the puddle, I was glad they told me to pack extra clothes for her. Maddie didn't really want to leave but I told she would come back again on wednesday so she seemed to be ok with leaving after that. We got home and she told me about class and they called grandma and grandpa Groves to tell them along with auntie amer. As I was talking to my mom on the phone I looked over to see this..........
I guess it was a busy day for her.

2 comments:
Poor Maddie that does look very uncomfortable. I am glad Maddie had so much fun at school and enjoyed her time out.
I am glad she had fun and you got a break. She is growing up so fast!
Post a Comment